Accident Investigation

for schools and care agencies.

If you are unfortunate enough to have an accident in your company, or any activity that you are connected with, it is necessary to investigate with the intention of determining the cause and putting in place procedures to prevent it happening again.

Suitable assessment which does not look to allocate blame will benefit any investigation and will be essential if the regulatory authorities are also looking to investigate, or there is a claim for compensation. An independent accident investigator such as a health and safety consultant may assist in such cases.

You would need to contact consultants who are fully conversant accident investigators in your own kind of environment, whether this is a factory, school, care homes or any other specialised arena. Their first responsibility will look to identify the immediate, underlying and root cause of any accident. They should be registered with the Occupational Safety and Health Consultants Register administered by the Health and Safety Executive, HSE.